1) All of our products are made entirely from recycled materials! Our apparel is created from reclaimed cotton scraps and post-consumer plastic water bottles. Together with our partners at Recover Brands, we take the “waste” from the fast-fashion and plastic industries and turn it into quality products; extending the life of those materials by several years. One of our biggest long-term goals is to bring some of the fabric manufacturing to Newfoundland. For the time being, all of our recycled fabrics are created in North Carolina.
2) Unlike most bottom-line oriented fashion brands, Seaside Apparel is ethically cut and sewn in Co-op facilities in Haiti and Guatemala. Our partnerships help improve their local economies and provide community members employment with fair wages and a safe working environment.
3) Compared to a normal shirt, the production of our products reduces greenhouse gas emissions by over 35%, reduces water consumption by over 55%, and reduces energy consumption by over 66%. Furthermore, the water and chemical-intensive dying process has been removed altogether.
Then we focus on COMMUNITY...
4) To make our vision of a #GreenrNL a reality, a portion of every sale goes directly to our local clean-up initiatives. We are creating partnerships with Clean St. John's, the Petty Harbour Mini Aquarium and the WWF to organize and facilitate cleanups all around Newfoundland.
5)When you choose Seaside Apparel, our logo becomes a symbol of your efforts to make everyday decisions that benefit your community and the planet. Together we’re making a commitment to our environment and to the fair treatment of all people. We are building a community and network of like-minded individuals striving for a better tomorrow.
6) We’re committed to educating Newfoundlanders and Labradoreans about the impacts of plastic pollution, overconsumption, and fast-fashion. We use our Facebook page and Instagram feed to share stories and news from around the world to get people talking about these major issues. We also share sustainable living tips (mainly small everyday actions) that we can all implement to help make a difference!